Introducing Box for Office
Essential Box functions are now integrated into the Backstage view of the most popular Office applications. Now, right from within Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, you can:
- Open files from Box, with easy access to recently accessed files and folders
- Save files to Box, even with documents from your desktop
- Generate Box shared links and control their permissions
As long as you have a document open and are logged into Box, all these options will be available from the associated Backstage menu.
In addition, from Outlook you can:
- Save attachments to Box from incoming email
- Easily send links to files already stored in Box
- Convert attachments to Box shared links
- Windows 7 or higher
- Microsoft Office 2010 or higher
- .NET 4.x or higher (will be handled by installer)
- Visual Studio Tools for Office (will be handled by installer)
- Administrative rights
Note: The installation package requires admin rights to include an auto-updater service so Box for Office can seamlessly be upgraded in the background in the future.